3 years ago
Thursday, June 11, 2009
For our first anniversary, we went to San Diego and Ensenada. For anyone wondering how to get two people to Mexico for under $90 (less than one person's one-way ticket to San Diego ... we checked), here you go:
1. Drive to the San Diego airport long-term parking (Park, Ride and Fly is the cheapest).
Two tanks of gas: $50.00
2. Take the shuttle from the parking lot to the airport.
3. Take the city bus (Route 992) from the airport to American Plaza in downtown San Diego.
4. Get on the Blue Line trolley at American Plaza going to San Ysidro.
5. Get off the trolley at the border and walk across. Find a Taxi Libre (the white ones, not the yellow ones) and take it to Tijuana Central (the bus station).
$6.00 for Americans :(
6. Get on a charter bus to Ensenada.
AND it's even cheaper going back, because you get dropped off at the border and don't have to take a taxi. Anyway, we stayed at some pretty bizarre hotels and ate some of the best food in the world. We saw a huge flag, and went on a boat out on the ocean, and haggled for goods, and saw a place where the ocean hits the rocks and the water shoots up about 200 feet and sprays everyone. We rode tiny little buses all over and went to bars and ordered smoothies, and then we got bored, so we went to:
San Diego! We went to the Zoo, and Target, and more bars for more (non-alcoholic) smoothies, and Applebees (!), and the harbor to see the aircraft carriers, and swimming and the temple.